About Sandakphu & Phalut Trek:
Sandakphu is the highest point of West Bengal at 3636m in the district of Darjeeling. This trek follows the famous Singalila Ridge, a prominent spur of high ground that lies at the southern end of a long crest, which runs down from the Kanchendzongha massif and forms the border between Sikkim & Nepal. One of the unavoidable necessities of trekking in Himalaya is that the best views are had from high up but the trek along this ridge, passing through small settlements, is perhaps the one of the most scenically rewarding in the Himalaya.
There are spectacular panoramic views of Kanchendzongha, Makalu, Everest, Lhotse, Janu (Kumbhakarna), Chamlang, Baruntse, Kabru, Pandim and a host of other peaks all seen in one stretch. The slopes are carpeted with red and pink Rhododendrons. The Singalila National park area has rare species like Red Panda and is a birder’s paradise.
Highest Point: Sandakphu, ~ 3636 m/11930ft & Phalut, 3600m/11800ft
|GRADE||~ Easy To Moderate|
|MEETING POINT||~ NJP Railway Station|
|DEPARTURE TIME||~ 8:00 AM from NJP station on 21st January’18|
|RETURN TIME||~ By evening on 27th January’18|
Please Avoid Carrying Valuables & Ornaments
NJP to Manebhanjan by car
– Travel to Manebhanjan
– Upon arrival in New Jalpaiguri/Siliguri in the morning, you will be taken to Manebhanjan, the origin of this amazing Sandakphu trekking.
– Stay at Rest house/Lodge.
Trek to Tonglu/Tumling
– Today, we trek through Singalila Range, Chitrey to Tumling (9,500ft).
– Post breakfast, start trekking towards Tumling, one of the spectacular peaks in the Singalila Range.
– Stay at a trekker’s hut.
Trek to Kalapokhri
– Get ready to trek to Kalapokhri covering a distance of around 12 kms in 7 hours.
– Explore and discover the enchanting beauty of the vicinity while walking through the Singalila National Park.
– Stay overnight in a trekker’s hut in Kalapokhri.
Trek to Sandakphu
– Today we trek to Sandakphu, the highest point in West Bengal.
– Capture the panoramic views of the Mt Khanchendzonga and Mt. Everest & the scenic forests underneath.
– Relish the sight of a mesmerising sunset as well.
– Overnight stay in a trekker’s hut.
Trek to Phalut
– Start early as Today’s trek is the lengthiest part of the entire trek.
– You get the best view of Kanchenjunga today.
– The trail from Sabarkum to Phalut is 7 km zig-zag. There is a series of gradual descents and level field walks, each coming at intervals of 15 minutes.
– Stay in GTA huts.
Trek to Gorkhey
– The trail mostly passes through forests, with lots of openings. Initially, Pandim, Tenzingkhang, Japanu, Narsing are seen through the openings.
– It’s almost 9-10 km to Gorkhey, where you can have a Nepali lunch. It takes around 3 hours to get here
Trek to Srikhola - NJP
– Trek down to Srikhola where our car will be waiting to pick up.
– It’ll mark the end of the wonderful Trek.
– Return journey to New Jalpaiguri.(NJP)
See you again!!!
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3, Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
- Trekking Pants that are water resistant/repellent and having inside lining for extra warmth- 2
- Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality with a proper hood
- Down jacket with min 600 fill power rating, Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, Outer water proof gloves
- Thick woollen socks and regular socks (4 – 5 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes that come with a thick sole and high ankles
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (important when traversing through snow)
- Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
Come Join us as we explore new horizon of Adventures…
To Register yourself,
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
Account Name: SANKET ABHAY PATIL
SBI Bank A/c No. 30969071669
IFSC Code: SBIN0001131
(Please drop an sms/mail after transaction to confirm your registration)
Cancellations prior to 30days from the start of the event — 90% refund.
Cancellation before 15 days to the start of the event — 75% refund.
Cancellation a Week to the start of the event — 50% refund.
Cancellation a Day prior to the event — No refund.