About Kedarkantha Trek:
Kedarkantha (also referred as Kedarkanta) Peak (3820m) is situated in Govind National Park of Western Garhwal. Surrounding Tons river valley, with remote villages, snow capped mountain ranges in the horizon, and rich flora and fauna of the national park makes the short and easy walk to the Kedarkantha peak a enjoyable hiking experience. In clear weather, the renowned peaks like,
Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, Black Peak can be seen from the summit. The panorama or far stretched ridgelines are a delight to watch. In winter or spring, the trail remains covered with fresh snow. Snow patches amidst giant pine forest and snow covered meadows, in altitude as low as 10,000ft, even in late April, makes this trek a unique one.
Highest Point: Kedarkantha peak ~ 3820m/12,500ft
|GRADE||~ Easy, snow in winter/spring|
|MEETING POINT||~ Dehradun Railway Station.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||~ 7AM on Day 1|
|RETURN TIME||~ 7PM on Day 6|
Please Avoid Carrying Valuables & Ornaments
Dehradun to Sankri
– From Dehradun, drive to Sankri via Mussorrie. Lunch will be had along the way. The drive is a delightful one as the path takes you along the Yamuna, exquisite Tons river and pine forests. Once you reach Sankri that is steeped in natural beauty, check into the hotel. In the evening, enjoy a stroll in the charming village and warm up for the Kedarkantha trek to come ahead. Overnight can be spent in the hotel.
Trek to Juda Tal
– The trail of today is of moderate nature and will pass through a lovely forest for most of the part starting from Saur Village.
– 2 hours of hike will take you to Juda Tal or Juda-ka-Talab, a small lake pond that turns to ice during the winters.
– Hike for 1.5 hours more and arrive at a meadow used by shepherds during the summer season. Camp here for the night.
– Overnight will be spent in tents.
Trek to Kedarkantha base
– Today’s trail is the most challenging part of the entire trek with vast snow fields and green patches between them.
– From the base camp, we can get magnificent views of Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch and Kalanag peaks.
– Overnight in Tents.
Trek to Kedarkantha peak and back to Har Gaon
– The route will be taken depending upon the snow conditions.
– Approx. 4-5 hours hike takes us to Kedarkantha. Enjoy magnificent views of Yumnotri and Gangotri range, Kinner Kailash range and other ranges in Himachal.
– Spend some time here and head back to the base camp. Overnight stay in tents.
Back to Sankri
– Enjoy your Beverage and breakfast in the snow.
– Begin the trek back to Sankri.
– Reach Sankri after 4hrs of fun trail and glisading which will be taught by our leaders.
Drive from Sankri to Dehradun
– Arrange your return Journey back to Delhi/Mumbai accordingly.
See you Again
- Shirts / T-shirts – 2/3, Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T shirt
- Trekking Pants that are water resistant/repellent and having inside lining for extra warmth- 2
- Windproof/water resistant outer shell (jacket) of good quality with a proper hood
- Down jacket with min 600 fill power rating, Thick Fleece / Full-sleeve Woollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear (upper and lower)
- Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, Outer water proof gloves
- Thick woollen socks and regular socks (4 – 5 pairs), Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/Hiking shoes that come with a thick sole and high ankles
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Cap / floppy hat to keep the strong sun away from your face, Sun glasses with UV protection and ability to cut the glare (important when traversing through snow)
- Sturdy walking stick / Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Torch (with extra batteries)
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Personal toiletries
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Carry rain cover for your bags
Come Join us as we explore new horizon of Adventures…
To Register yourself,
Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
In the Name of: SANKET ABHAY PATIL
SBI A/c No. 30969071669
IFSC Code: SBIN0001131
(Please drop an SMS/Mail after transaction to confirm your registration)
Cancellations prior to 30days from the start of the trek — 90% refund.
Cancellation before 15 days to the start of the trek — 50% refund.
Cancellation a week to the start of the trek — No refund.